Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Wrap Up: Idea Journal


Happy Friday! I finally purchased an "idea book" (a regular sketchbook) and am having a lot of fun filling it up. I will be sharing a super fun blog early next week about my inspiration for this layout.

I must admit that I love having my pinterest pinboards to catalog ideas and inspiration, but there is nothing like a journal that you can hold in your hand that you can cut and paste ideas and inspiration - magazine pictures, bits and pieces, etc.!

Do you have an idea journal? I'd love to see pictures! Go here to upload pictures onto The Creative Place flickr account.
+And on a side note, I started the Couch-to-5k on Wednesday (remember this post earlier this week?). Week 1 Day 1 finished. Week 1 Day 2 to happen today during naptime. :) It truly felt like an accomplishment. I wanted to lay down and take a nap when I got home, but I finished the workout. Looking forward to (and still kind of scared of) the workout today. I hear that getting started is the hardest part. It definitely is.

5 comments:

  1. I have never, ever, EVER enjoyed running, but I know it is a great workout. I started C25K a few weeks ago and I have absolutely loved it! It is a great way to get in shape and by the end of it, hopefully be able to be a 'runner' I am on Week 4, Day 2 tonight. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a large journal that I segment out. The last segment is my creative/idea space. I will share a pic on your Flickr page :)

    Good for you for starting the C25K program. I did it last fall, and loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have an idea's book as such but a box full of pictures and things that inspire me, I tend to rotate them on my inspiration board.
    All the best with the C25K
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ideas journal is a lovely work of art... I ponder with envyas mine are so messy...inspired from this now
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your idea book looks amazing! I actually own one as well, except I call mine "Source Book" like one that I used to keep during "writing time" in elementary school.

    Good luck with the C25k!!!

    ReplyDelete